Contact us using the form below.
DIRECTIONS TO HOLWELL
IT IS VITAL THAT YOU KEEP THESE DIRECTIONS WITH YOU AND IF COMING AT NIGHT, YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO DEVIATE FROM THIS ROUTE!
- Exit A38 at Drumbridges Roundabout for Trago Mills, Bovey Tracey
- Proceed towards Bovey Tracey and Moretonhampstead at exit roundabout
- Go through Traffic Lights and on to next roundabout
- Go straight ahead down Monks Way towards Town Centre and Moretonhamptead
- At next roundabout there is a stone monument in the middle; PLEASE CHECK YOUR MILEOMETER AT THIS POINT
- Take the first exit left on the B3387 towards Hay Tor and Widecombe
- One third of a mile on the road will fork; take the left turn, still on the B3387 to Hay Tor
- Keep on this road up the hill. Approx. 3 miles from the previous roundabout you will see a phone box on your left as you approach Hay Tor itself on the right. Keep going up the hill.
- At the top of the hill, which will then be 5 miles from the Stone Monument Roundabout in Bovey Tracey, the Ashburton road will come in from the left and you will go over the Hemsworthy Gate Cattle Grid.
- Keep on the main Widecombe road for a further half mile and take the turning on your right signposted Hound Tor, Manaton, Chagford and Moretonhampstead. (If you arrive in Widecombe itself, you have gone past the turning; come back up the hill)
- Half a mile on this road you will turn right into the Holwell Drive;
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE DRIVE ENTRANCE IS SET BACK FROM THE ROAD AND IT IS NOT IMMEDIATELY VISIBLE. THERE IS A CATTLE GRID AND GATE WITH "HOLWELL" WRITTEN ON IT
If you end up at another cattle grid on the main road you will have gone too far and missed the entrance; COME BACK!